The Texas Retailers Education Foundation (TREF) is a charitable educational foundation of TRA. It is funded by TRA members to make available educational opportunities through programs, seminars, partnerships and scholarships for the next generation of retail professionals in Texas.
Texas Retailers Education Foundation began in 2001, after members of TRA asked the Association to help them find better employees for entry-level positions. In response, TRA started a Foundation for training high school students. TREF then initiated the Texas Youth Opportunities in Retail with seed money supplied by the National Retail Federation Foundation.
- Work toward improving the Texas workforce through the funding of scholarships and educational opportunities.
- Support the Center for Retailing Studies at Texas A&M University.
- Support the Retail Management Program at University of Houston Downtown.
- Support Retail Industry Program of the Houston Independent School District.
- Support and helps fund the Center for Retail Enterprises at University of Texas Tyler.
- Support and helps fund the Retail Management Program at Tyler Junior College.
- Support Retail Management Program at Houston Community College.
- Support Retailing and Consumer Science Department at University of Houston.
- Host the Annual Texas Retailers Golf Tournament Benefiting the Texas Retailers Education Foundation.
RETAIL JOB CENTER
Looking for a job in the retail industry?
Click on the logo of one of our member companies to find jobs that are available!
Schedule a Store or Distribution Center Visit
Want to bring your class to visit and tour a retail/grocery store or distribution center? We can help!
Email Justin Williamson at email@example.com for more information.