We’re excited to introduce the new www.TexasORCA.org website, which allows AP/LP/Law Enforcement to post information on subjects conducting Organized Retail Crime activity. This site aims to benefit benefit all retailers and law enforcement across Texas. The Texas Retailer Association has sponsored this site in an effort to help combat ORC activity.
A couple of features of this site are:
- The information is archived- you can search for any key words
- It is state wide- but you can customize it for one or all of 8 different regions in Texas
- You can edit you profile to receive emails when an incident is submitted or to not receive emails
- There are 3 different memberships; law enforcement, retail, and read only retail (can only review but not post)
- It has a contact tab with everyone’s contact information (law enforcement has the option to hide)
- The North Texas Regional Fusion Center will be our law enforcement liaison.
- It is free
- There is a tab to submit fencing information which will be supplied to law enforcement
- Must register and be approved
- Email address must be a business email address (No Gmail or Yahoo emails)
- This is a joint effort between Walmart, Target, Lowes, Macy’s, Home Depot, CVS, Walgreens, Gap, and Nebraska Furniture Mart to combat ORC in Texas
If you have any questions, please direct them to Joe Williams-TRA: firstname.lastname@example.org.